Jamieson has now fully weaned himself from breastfeeding :( Although I was hoping to continue combining breastfeeding and bottle (formula) feeding, over the last several days Jamieson has consistently refused to breastfeed so we have come to the end.
So instead of bemoaning what could have been, I have decided to explore the positives of bottle feeding! Yes, this is a bit of a controversial issue, but I’m feeling brave so here are my thoughts on the advantages I have found with bottle feeding:
(Disclaimer: I am not promoting bottle feeding as better than breastfeeding! It’s definitely not, but I am just trying to find the positive side of the situation I find myself in)
- Jerome (and even Bethany!) can have a turn feeding Jamieson
- We can leave Jamieson with a babysitter even over feeding times
- I can stop having lopsided boobs!! (Jamieson has only been feeding from one side for quite awhile now!)
- I can wear my nicer normal bras again
- I don’t have to consider if the clothes I want to wear are practical for breastfeeding
- When Jamieson’s crying, I don’t need to wonder as much whether he’s hungry or not, as I know the formula fills him up for longer
- He can go for longer between feeds, which is nice at night :)
- Shorter feed times (both my kids took a long time to breastfeed)
- I can feed him in public now (he was such a fussy breastfeeder that it was very difficult to breastfeed in public)
- I can take any medications
- I can eat whatever I want...in particular: spicy food, onion, garlic, but most importantly – as much chocolate as I like!!
So I will munch on my chocolate and try and keep the other benefits in mind while I am washing and sterilising and washing and sterilising and washing and sterilising.....
No comments:
Post a Comment